WHY WE STARTED THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP/VOCATIONAL TRAINING
The Country Nigeria needs a kind of all-round education that will take us out of the present quagmire that has placed us among the poorest Countries in the World.
We therefore need an education in its quintessence that makes use of the most of MAN’S HEAD AND HANDS.
An Education that will make man productive in the Society.
An education that will produce EMPLOYERS OF LABOUR rather than JOB SEEKERS.
We need educational policies and Schools that will produce the quality and quantity of manpower that this Country need to set her on an even keel.
Methodist Boys’ High School, Victoria Island Lagos has set a pace to rebuild the Nation towards greatness and to keep her eyes almost without a blink on the target.
We are set to achieve these by equipping OUR HEADS through SOUND EDUCATION and training OUR HANDS by acquiring BASIC SKILLS needed in developing us technologically.
Through the introduction of the entrepreneurship and vocational training, no student in MBHS, Lagos will pass out of the school without having at least two different skills to boast of.
Here in MBHS, Lagos, we key in to the belief that Nigerians must produce, manufacture and increase her locally made goods.
Taekwondo has been recognized as one of the most effective methods to cultivate desirable values and attitudes in adolescents through the internalization of social norms, beliefs, values, attitudes, and cognitive experiences.
In general, physical activities affect human social life in various ways, and inherent values directly impact on psychological reactions and behaviours. As the value of participating in physical activities through sports helps the student’s psychological adaptation and improves social support, we can see that it plays a critical role in healthy adaptation to school life. In this respect, physical activity through taekwondo training is considered very important for school education.
Below are some of our videos and pictures so far, showing how excited the students have been with this physical activity;
Give your wards the best educational experience by enrolling them into Methodist Boys High School, Lagos. (11, Sinari Daranijo Street, Off Ajose Adeogun Street, Behind Zenith Bank Head Office, Victoria Island)
MBHS has an impeccable record of outstanding success with students due to their outstanding features which include:
- Well-equipped Science Laboratories
- Well-equipped Music and Visual Arts Studio
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Classrooms structured to international standards for learning
- Sports and Gaming facilities to propel participation
- Ultra-modern e-Library fitted to Global standards
- Multi-purpose studio to groom diverse talents
- Boarding house starved of societal ills
We believe quality education has to be made as affordable as possible hence our moderate tuition fees despite the outstanding quality.
Admission currently on into the following classes: JSS1, JSS2, SS1, SS2
Here’s how to enroll your wards:
- Purchase application forms at the school premises for Ten Thousand Naira only (#10,000)
- Fill Application form as instructed.
- Submit duly completed forms at school premises
- Voila! You’ve successfully registered your ward for the entrance examination.
DATES OF THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
- Saturday, 21st March 2020.
- Saturday, 23rd May 2020.
- Saturday, 11th July 2020.
P.S: You can come to the school premises with payment proof and get the form immediately.
ACCOUNT NO: 0252665520 (GT BANK)
SCHOOL ADDRESS: 11, Sinari Daranijo Street, Off Ajose Adeogun Street, Behind Zenith Bank Head Office, Victoria Island.
We are grateful to the Almighty God for His protection and blessings over us from the beginning of the term till this present moment. May His glorious name be exalted in Jesus name. The Management is equally grateful to our esteemed parents for their unalloyed support by ensuring that our mutual goal in raising excellent, Godly and well matured students is achieved. Kudos to you all!
We implore you to take note of the following:
VACATION: The school closes for Christmas Break on 12th December, 2019.
RESUMPTION: Boarders are expected to resume on 5th January, 2020 while Day students are to resume the next day.
SCHOOL FEES: All students fees should be paid to GTBank Account No: 0252665520 Acct. Name is: Methodist Boys High School, Lagos.
ACADEMICS: By next term, kids educational tabs are mandatory for both JS3 and SS3 students. Further information on the items shall be disseminated to parents via sms.
- First term result: Parents are advised to log on to the school’s management App for the 1st term result from 20th December, 2019.
- Subjects confirmation: SS3 parents are expected to confirm their ward’s subjects thoroughly in order to avoid wrong spellings of candidate names, date of birth, and other vital information necessary for their WAEC/NECO registrations. Photocopies of candidate’s birth certificate are also expected to be attached to the forms before submission.
- Subject confirmation for SS2 Students: Parents whose wards are in SS2 are also enjoined to confirm their wards’ subjects in the form that shall be sent to them.
PARENTS WATSAPP GROUP: Parents that are yet to be added to the group are to send MBHS Parent to 08034664774.
SS3 Parents are to come and pick their wards in the school on 20th December,2019 for the Christmas break.
HOSTEL REQUIREMENTS: Every boarder is expected to resume with the following items:
- 2 bunches of broom
- 1 bottle Izal
- 1 bottle of insecticide
- 1 comb/hair brush
- 2 bed sheets
- At least 3 pairs of school uniform/house wear
DRESSING IN THE SCHOOL: students are not expected to dress shabbily in the school. It is compulsory that every student should resume with very low haircut. Parents are advised to ensure that their wards resume with decent and correct uniform /house wears. (NB: Tight trousers are not allowed. Any student found with such items shall be sent home.)
CHRISTMAS MESSAGE: As you celebrate the birth of our Saviour this season, may He grant you your hearts’ desire and give you rest throughout the Yuletide period and beyond. Wishing you and your families merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. Stay blessed.
Very Rev. Paul Olukunga